Monday, October 20, 2008

Features in Tones

New technique that S made us do today: drawing in tones instead of lines, and subtracting the light from a pre-applied medium tone charcoal background with a chamois and then kneaded eraser. I was like "blah, blah, heard it all before," but I tried to just really go with it, and look! I didn't even draw the left iris; it was just there after all that smudging and subtracting! Cool, huh. But I didn't get to the left eye because I'm slow. Anyways, looking forward to doing more of these soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Janice,
Just responding to your comment on my blog. I disabled haloscan so i dont know how to reply directly to people's emails.. but to answer your q' about where Im getting my dressform from, i ordered it from my local sewing/craft store which are in turn being supplied by BIRCH. I have however found that the US has heaps more of a range of dressforms than here in Australia (well more petite models anyways) so you shouldn't have any problems finding one. The only real issue is making sure you read reviews, so that you get a sturdy one. A flimsy dressform is useless ;) Good luck!