Saturday, June 6, 2009

Naked Pillows No More


I finally clothed my pillows!

So a while back, I made my sister send me [from New York!] her un-used pillow fillers, and since then, naked pillows have been sitting around my place, their weird unfinished seams bugging me. And the fabric I've also had for ages; definitely more than a year. But finally, they're done, and I must say it was quite easy, except that for something so easy and logical, it took quite a while to calculate everything so that every opening slit, etc. was in the right place in the end. I'm all for making things yourself, obviously, but I hate when things LOOK "homemade," you know? They should look professional!

I've only made those 2 so far, and I don't think I'm going to use the entire box of pillows that C sent me, but I think I still have a few to make.

P.S. It doesn't look like it's on purlsoho.com anymore, but it says on the selvedge that this fabric is by Tina Givens for Westminster, collection name "Zazu." Flowers, chandeliers, and pink! Hmm...I don't think it's quite girly enough...


2 comments:

chookie said...

Congrats on the new place! One of the joys of moving in is redecorating the whole place, so it doesnt matter that you have no furniture :)

I also get the HOMEMADE comment. I like when things look HANDmade, but not HOMEmade :) hehe

Kristina Strain said...

Lovely! I love the one with the chrysanthemums (?) on it. Pillow covers are one of the most satifying projects.

Kristina
Sweetfern Handmade