Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mushroom Dream

Not completely done, but as done as it was going to be for an assignment. I fell back in love with graphite with the last project, which also made me reevaluate graphite as a perfectly respectable drawing medium. I wore down so many 6B Tombow pencils that my mom used as a student, some to a one-inch nub!

Anyway, this is a dream I had where I had mushrooms growing out of my arms. The actual scene in my dream had little fluorescent mushroom caps (think enoki) studding my arms, but I didn't think that would be nearly as fun to draw. Google and this crazy mushroom book were a huge help [I learned about mushroom sports!] but it was a new challenge to piece everything together and make them look like they weren't just collaged on. I might build a model next time, too, and use that as yet another reference. Sounds like a lot of work, but it can also be a lot of work to figure it all out in your head.

No comments: