Thursday, April 1, 2010

A watermelon surprise







Watermelon closeups in pastel on toned paper.

Remember Jolly Ranchers (or do they still exist)? I used to love those things. Not sure when it happened, but now, the idea of all those mysterious flavor and color additives sounds kind of gross; that's why red velvet cupcakes freak me out--WHAT is the point of all that red food dye?

Eeeeeeee...

I appreciate the cream cheese frosting. I just don't understand why the cake needs to be red; it's not like it makes it look yummier. I mean I read in some recipe that you need like a quarter cup or something of dye. Dye. Scary. And isn't red the one food coloring that can make kids crazy or something? Sorry. I seem to feel quite strongly against red velvets, and somewhere many people are thinking me a heathen. But probably not right now at 3 in the morning. Good night!

No comments: