Friday, August 10, 2007

i own a piece of a farm


So I picked up my very first box of Eatwell farm-fresh veggies and eggs. Oh, I should've taken a picture of the eggs, too, but here are my heirloom tomatoes (and the gypsy peppers underneath) in the cardboard box they came in. The box also came with a melon, thyme, a brown bag of different kinds of little potatoes (authentically dirty, too), yellow plums pointy at one end, 2 red onions, a basket of cherry tomatoes, and a newsletter inviting me to a tomato sleepover at the farm! So cute. If I were the pitch-a-tent kind of girl. Or if someone pitched it for me.

Silver Belle Update: the bottom skirty part is done, and I've experimentally [that's not the word I'm looking for, but I can't think of it] knit one sleeve and am now up to the body part. I don't think I'm going to want the sleeve to be as fussy as it calls for in the pattern (and I'm thinking I might not even have enough yarn for it), but I figure I'll just knit it up and piece it together to see how it fits before I decide what to do with it. Anyone else making this?

2 comments:

chookie said...

I will be , but still picking yarn and trying to get through a few other things first :) My sister commented the same about the fussiness of it , so i'll have a relook at the pattern and see what mods i can make.

lv2knit said...

My sister, Sally: www.theraineysisters.com